Best Remote Work Tools For Developers To Overcome The Covid Crisis
In this tough situation, Coronavirus teaches a lot. It locked all of us in our homes and we are in a situation to protect ourselves and also others to manifest a civic spirit. Coronavirus has changed our work style too. It proves that work can be even done at home more efficiently and be more productive. Moreover, we are not alone, we are all separated at home but the network united us all together all the time. There are many best remote digital work tools for developers to overcome the COVID virus work crisis.
Examples of Remote Work Tools:
Zoom is one of the most popular video communications tools, with a simple, trustworthy cloud platform for audio and video conferencing, chat, collaboration, and webinars across mobile devices, telephones, desktops, and room systems.
Benefits of Zoom:
- The meeting can be conducted via webcam or video conferencing camera, or even through mobile phones.
- It offers a mobile screen sharing option too so that one can stay in touch with their colleagues wherever you are.
- It also allows recording the meetings to your device or in the Zoom cloud for later reviewing purposes.
- You can also sync Zoom with Slack.
Cost: Free. Pro version starting from $1.67/month/user
Trello is a teamwork tool that organizes your tasks and projects into kanban boards. It replaces a whiteboard, filled with lits of sticky notes, with each note as a task for you and your team.
Benefits of Trello:
- Trello gives all the details about the work you are doing and also you can know about the process of the work.
- There is no need for face to face meetings since all the information updates in real-time and lives there 24/7.
- You can create a number of lists on a single board. You can align the work in multiple stages.
- You can also create multiple boards.
- It allows you to create cards for important tasks to provide an overview and link it to related boards, chat channels, and documents for anyone who wants to learn more.
- You can prioritize the work by editing the labels of the card.
Cost: Free. Pro version starting from $9.99/month/user
To replace the need for emails, slack, a chat room is designed to organize the communications through channels for group discussions and by private messages to share files, information, and many more. It is one of the best remote work tools for medium-sized teams!
Benefits of Slack:
- It offers an office-like environment for remote work
- It is the fastest tool to communicate with your team as fast as you can.
- It replaces the normal meeting by channels: you can set a specific time for a weekly status of the project by which everyone can post their work status on it.
- A virtual team member like bots can be used— they can help a lot to manage your tasks, run your team standup, poll the office, etc.
- It replaces the need of Whiteboarding: just take a photo with your phones and forward it to a channel in Slack from there to keep the conversation flowing
- You can also organize video conferences and the meetings face to face from your home itself at high speed.
Cost: Free. Pro version starting from $6.67/month/user
Thus these are the few remote work tool for developers to overcome the COVID crisis and still many more. Let us all work together at home by making use of these best work tools to increase our productivity without spreading the virus!